To instill a love of learning as a hallmark of academic excellence in an enriched learning environment, inspiring knowledgeable, principled, and compassionate students reflecting global perspectives.
- We encourage curiosity and learn through inquiry.
- We foster self-awareness and global citizenship.
- We celebrate cultures, perspectives, and languages.
- We engage our students in a world-class education.
- Hickory Day School is an academic institution serving students in transitional kindergarten through grade nine.
- Hickory Day School is guided by a Board of Trustees and Head of School. International Baccalaureate Organization-trained teachers provide all students instruction in language, drama, art, wellness, music, and technology in addition to the core curriculum.
- On all levels, our curriculum empowers and encourages students to become critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and action-oriented citizens.
- The HDS curriculum actively engages students in rigorous learning that reflects the NC Standards Course of Study and the IBO curriculum.
- Our curriculum encourages students to become responsible, prepared citizens who are ready to meet the challenges of the world today.
- Hickory Day School students develop the skills to become confident, lifelong learners.
- Hickory Day School students reflect on their learning to make informed, healthy and successful choices.
- Hickory Day School students value their school community.